Thavius Beck: Producing beats with Regroover in Ableton Live
Beat production using Regroover in Ableton Live
Based in Brooklyn, New York, Thavius Beck is an electronic musician, producer and rapper, known from his solo work but also from his plethora of collaborations (incl. Saul Williams, Nine Inch Nails, Daedalus, Lapalux, etc). He was a member of the Global Phlowtations collective and and he is releasing his latest album titled 'Technol O.G.' with Hit+Run later this month. He is an Ableton Live Certified Trainer. With influences from various genres ranging from rock and hip-hop to soul and industrial, Thavius' music is heavily based on sampling.
In the video above, showcasing a beat production, we take a peek on how Thavius uses Regroover Pro in his workflow inside Ableton Live to:
- Import a breakbeat into Regroover (0:50)
- Isolate different Layers from a single audio file (1:55)
- Re-arrange your audio loops on-the-fly (3:20)
- Extract previously unreachable sounds from inside your loops (4:20)
- Build your own Expansion Kit with any element inside your loops, collectively (5:25)
- Use midi to play with the isolated beat elements and create original beat productions that don't sound like anyone else! (7:02)
- Refine the split results using the Annotation Tool (9:40)
For more creative inspiration and beat manipulation techniques you can check out our Regroover: Remix your loops on-the-fly using the new Pattern Length setting blog post.